Top of Foot Treatment in New Jersey
Foot problems are often seen as trivial, yet they can cause a lot of pain and can seriously impair function and quality of life. Treating your top of the foot problems can relieve your pain and allow you to return to a more normal life. The foot experts at Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgeons treat the residents of Cedar Knolls, NJ, and neighboring communities.
What is Top of the Foot Treatment?
Top of the foot refers to foot problems that affect the top of the foot rather than the sole of the foot or the heel. Pain in the top of the foot can be caused by a variety of problems including stress fractures, tendonitis, gout, arthritis, cysts, and bunions. Treatment for top of the foot problems depends on the exact cause of the pain.
Benefits of Top of Foot Treatment
There are many benefits of having your top of the foot problem treated:
- Pain relief
- Restore the ability to stand and walk
- Restore the ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Improve your quality of life
- Restore the ability to wear shoes without pain
The Types of Top of Foot Treatment
- Osteoarthritis – is characterized by pain, stiffness and swelling of joints of the foot. Arthritis affecting the top of the foot can be treated both surgically and non-surgically.
- Lis Franc Fracture Dislocations – affect the complex of bones and ligaments that lie above the arch of the foot (the Lis Franc joint). Injury to the Lis Franc can cause pain and difficulty in walking. Treatment for Lis Franc fractures usually consists of surgery.
- Bunions – are painful swellings of the joint at the base of the big toe caused by the big toe being displaced towards the other toes. Bunions can cause difficulty in fitting and wearing shoes, and the pain can impair mobility. Bunions can be repaired surgically.
- Tailor’s Bunions – or bunionettes, are painful swellings at the base of the little toe. They can make fitting and wearing shoes very difficult. Tailor’s bunions can be treated surgically.
- Ganglion cyst – is a swelling on the joints or tendons of the foot. They range from pea to golf ball in size. They can be treated by aspiration of the fluid or by surgical removal.
Is Top of Foot Treatment Right For Me?
If you have a painful condition on the top of the foot that is adversely affecting your ability to walk and carry out your customary daily activities, then treatment for your condition is the right thing to do. There is no need to suffer.
Board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and Fellows of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, both Dr. Solomon and Dr. Stinson represent a new generation of foot and ankle specialists. Contact us to schedule your initial appointment today!