The top foot ankle surgeon at Advanced Foot & Ankle maintains the highest levels of accreditation. Dr. Solomon pursues ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in foot and ankle surgery on patients of all ages.
Dedicated to their profession, they are highly regarded for their expertise and compassion. We work closely with physicians and physical therapists to ensure the most accurate diagnoses and to help guide the most effective treatment for our patients.
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Mark E. Solomon
“My guiding principle has always been to treat patients as if they are members of my family.”
At a young age, Dr. Solomon witnessed his grandfather’s diabetic foot problems and wished he could do something to help. Influenced by this personal family experience, Dr. Solomon developed his practice based on his guiding principle.
Dr. Mark E. Solomon is board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He founded Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgeons of Cedar Knolls in 2003. As a leading foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Solomon serves as the podiatrist for the New York Jets Professional Football Team. He has delivered several lectures at leading institutions and businesses. Recently, the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons invited Dr. Solomon to present two submissions at the annual conference in 2017.
As a part of a new generation of foot and ankle specialists, he is trained in the newest and latest treatments and techniques. He is one of a few hundred physicians worldwide who is trained to perform a state-of-the-art technique to help restore sensation to individuals suffering from neuropathy.
Although practicing a philosophy of conservative care, Dr. Solomon has performed hundreds of surgeries including those for bunions, hammertoes, aggravated nerves/neuromas, heel pains, sport medicine injuries, trauma, and diabetic limb salvage. He utilizes the newest most advanced technologies and procedures available and advanced pain management techniques. Dr. Solomon has earned the respect and gratitude of his patients. A respected veteran in his field, Dr. Solomon’s experience is valued for second opinions by his colleagues.
On a personal note, Dr. Solomon has two wonderful boys who keep him very busy. Dr. Solomon enjoys scuba diving and snow skiing.
- Atlantic Health System (Morristown Memorial Hospital and Overlook Hospitals in New Jersey).
- The Surgical Center at Cedar Knolls, New Jersey.
- Residency – Foot and Ankle Surgery (PSR 24+) – June 2003, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, New Jersey.
- Chief Resident, July 2001 – June 2003, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, New Jersey.
- Residency – Primary Podiatric Medical Residency, June 2001. Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Weil-Cornell Medical School, Brooklyn New York.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) – June 2002. New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, New York.
- Undergraduate – Rutgers-State University of New Jersey, May 1996, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Mini MBA – Rutgers University – School of Business.
- Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
- Fellow, Institute of Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Team Podiatrist for the New York Jets football team.
- Academic Appointments; Clinical Instructor, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Foot and Ankle Residency Program.
- Consultant to Mitsubishi Rayon Engineering, Medical Division.
Awards and Honors
- ACE Award – Morristown Memorial Hospital.
- PI -DELTA-National Podiatric Honor Society.
- J.T. Tai Academic Scholarship.
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine Presidential Academic Achievement Award.
- Awarded one of the Top Positions in Morris County by the Record Readers’ Choice for six years and counting.