Lower Leg Treatment in New Jersey
If you are injured or have been experiencing chronic lower leg pain, it may feel like your life is never going to be the same. However, residents of New Jersey can experience a speedy recovery with the team at Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgeons.
What is Lower Leg Treatment?
There are quite a few muscles, bones, tissues, and tendons in your lower leg that can easily be injured, become inflamed, or get infected. When this happens, you may find that going about your daily routine can be too painful.
Our caring team and state-of-the-art equipment are ready to get you back on your feet, literally, as soon as possible.
Benefits of Lower Leg Treatment
Far too often, patients come in after tolerating pain or discomfort for years. We are proud to say that we make treatment as easy for patients as possible. We’ll explain all procedures, what will be expected of you, and what your recovery will look like. Once your treatment is complete, you can expect:
- Reduced or eliminated pain
- A return to normal activity
- Improved quality of life
- Increased function
The Types of Lower Leg Treatment
- Shin Splints – dull, aching pain along the front or inside edge of the lower leg is the most common symptom of shin splints. It is a swelling of muscles within a closed compartment,which builds up pressure causing pain and discomfort.
- Swelling – swelling of the feet, ankles and legs is often caused by an abnormal build-up of fluids. Swelling due to an injury can be painful. Swelling of the ankle on one side is often the result of sprains or strains.
- Compartment Syndrome – a painful condition that occurs when pressure within the muscles builds to dangerous levels. It most commonly occurs in compartments in the leg or arm. It can cause pain and swelling and in chronic cases may even lead to muscle and nerve damage.
- Achilles Tendon Rupture – Achilles tendon stretches from your heel to your calf muscles. An Achilles tendon rupture is a complete or partial tear that occurs when the tendon is overstretched. It is one of the most commonly injured, especially for those who play sports.
- Knee Pain– can be caused by a sudden or overuse injury and one of the most common complaints. It is common among runners and athletes. The treatment will vary depending on the cause.
Is Lower Leg Treatment Right For Me?
If you’re in pain, if your daily life is disrupted, if you’re having trouble exercising, or if you find that you can’t perform certain activities, then lower leg treatment is right for you. Don’t live one more day in pain or discomfort; call us today to find out what our team can do to help you.
Board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and Fellows of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, both Dr. Solomon and Dr. Stinson represent a new generation of foot and ankle specialists. Contact us to schedule your initial appointment today!