Ankle Pain Treatment in New Jersey
Ankles and feet support all of the weight above them, which is about 95 percent of your body weight. Good ankle health is essential for quality living. Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgeons have state-of-the-art procedures and highly-qualified experts to treat all of your needs, whether you live in Cedar Knolls, NJ or elsewhere.
What is Ankle Treatment?
Ankle treatment is any medical evaluation, treatment, or surgery performed on the ankle, including the bones, joints, tendons, and cartilage. It can be as simple as a physical exam or elevating the ankle and placing ice on it. However, the best ankle treatment is performed by specialists.
Benefits of Ankle Treatment
Healthy ankles allow you to perform at your highest ability, whether you’re working or participating in leisure activities. Quality ankle treatment ensures your ankles are healthy and monitored for future complications, including sprains, muscle weakness, and arthritis. Good care can prevent major problems later in life.
The Types of Ankle Treatment
- Ankle Sprain– occurs when one of the three joints twists the wrong way due to force applied to the joints either by you or a foreign object.
- Ankle Fracture – occurs when the bones of the ankle partially or completely break. These can become worse with added pressure or if left untreated.
- Nerve Impingement – too much pressure on the nerves caused by surrounding bones, muscles, tissues, cartilage, and/or tendons leads to pain, tingling, and/or muscle weakness in the ankle.
- OS Trigonum Syndrome – in some people, an additional bone develops behind the actual ankle bone (the talus). It can cause pain along the back of the foot.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease – a neurological disease that affects motor and sensory nerves. One out of every 2,500 people in the U.S. has it. It can present itself as weakness in the lower leg muscles or feet. Sometimes, it’s also noticeable from foot deformities, such as hammertoes.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis –causes inflammation in the joints. Over time, the inflammation causes pain, deformities, and immobility. This can make it difficult or nearly impossible to walk.
- Stress Fracture – occurs when too much force is exerted on the bones, and a small crack develops in the bone. When treated early, these can prevent ankle fractures in the future.
- Tarsal Tunnel –is caused by squeezing or compression of the tibial nerve, which runs between the ankle and the bones.
Is Ankle Treatment Right For Me?
If you experience pain in your ankles while walking, running, moving, or relaxing, you should seek professional advice. Even small tinges of pain can be signs of small problems that could worsen over time. If caught early, many conditions can be treated, if not cured.
Board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and Fellows of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, both Dr. Solomon and Dr. Stinson represent a new generation of foot and ankle specialists. Contact us to schedule your initial appointment today!